View Single Post
Posts: 82 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ West Coast, USA
Hey guys I'm trying to read through all of this stuff and it's seriously like I'm reading another language. All of these apps are weird letters, symbols, names, that no regular end user would ever understand what they are downloading. Or if someone like me was looking for a certain kind of App, I either have to know what the name in the Linux language is or post a thread or search threads.

Seriously, Nokia released this phone and Maemo 5 saying this time it is user-friendly where everyone can have a great time with the phone. Instead, I think they released it to have a bunch of testers go at it for about a years worth of time before it ever becomes "Awesome User-Friendly" like the (should I dare say "I-Phone) and believe me I'm not a fan of the i-Phone at all!

Names like Pidgin, Haiuku, eCoach, liqtorch, liqview, whatever you wanna call them...Why can't we use normal names that give a hint as to what we are downloading?!

I have such high hopes for this phone and Maemo 5 but I have a feeling Android and Apple are gonna pound even harder while all of us Linux and Maemo freaks are sitting here speaking a language of symbols, letters, codecs, whatever.

Oh well...I still love my N900 but I'm starting to get really bored of it and getting really tired of this Ovi Store for Maemo in the "Coming Soon" headlines forever!