View Single Post
Posts: 24 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Germany
Originally Posted by teamer View Post
i believe that the xmpp is a protocol thats already installed into pidigin and plugins use it like the gtalk ?
but correct me if am wrong ... is the 'pidigin' am talking about is the same as the one we access by clicking the clock area to set online/offline/busy status ? i mean the default im in n900 ?
As far as I understood it you can use Pidgin-Plugins for the conversations on the N900. So if you have a libpurple-Plugin you can use it, maybe with some small modifications, with the N900-Conversations what means it integreates like Skype/GTalk etc. what you can already add and change the status in the "clock-area".

Also I thought that Pidgin just offers a "framework" which loads different Plugins for the different Chat-Protocols like a XAMPP-Plugin when you are choosing XAMPP or the gtalk plugin would be a modified XAMPP Plugin (maybe only modified so that the gmail-servers are set by default).
I don't know exactly how Pidgin is working but thats just the way I thought it would work: Pidgin offers the "framework" with the GUI etc. and the sending/recieving of messages are done by an Plugin.

But because I don't know how these things work we would need somebody that knows how to do it or has time and motivation to have a look at it...

Oh, btw: Did you find anything regarding to the "1 Year free" etc.?
I think the check if you have paid for it or not is client-based and not happening at the server because i.e. iPhone and Android have different costs and so on. In this case we wouldn't be affected by this when we programm our own client, or?!

Originally Posted by RX-51 View Post
about WhatsApp and a password being sent;
All I got when using it via nitroid on my n900 was a text message with "+447624803777: WhatsApp Code 000".
The code are just three numbers (not 000 of course) I couldn't find related to imei# nor telephone#.
Whether this is supposed to be a password or not - dunno.
...Oh yea and I didn't got it to work on nitroid to actually send the messages. At least they are not received by the contact as they are with Symbian based on WhatsApp on a e71.
The code you get via SMS is like the confirmation that your phone number is correct and is needed to register a new account.
It isn't the pw you need to log in later and it also isn't connected to your IMEI or Phone numer I guess, it's just a random number/code that is generated and then saved on the server. It just confirms that you are allowed to register and also prevents "mass registration" I think
Why WhatsApp isn't working on nitdorid at you I don't know but I haven't nitdoird installed on my N900 and I also don't know how the Android-Version of WhatsApp works.