View Single Post
Posts: 391 | Thanked: 908 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ suncity
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
Multiboot is Depreciated and has little support due to it damaging NAND of the device.
Hmm, I did not know that and maybe that's why I'm now in trouble... So I would like to ask for some help.
Details:
- I wanted to try out bfs kernel so I installed multiboot (I had omap1, kernel-power53 and bfs in /lib/modules) as that was the only way my n900 boot into that.
- I was using bfs but it did not work as espected so I uninstalled bfs kernel modules and bfs bootimg and installed backupmenu back which removed multiboot (since they conflicts).
- Now my device does not boot up...

What I was trying to do:
- Tried flashing the kernel (only the kernel; /lib/modules/current pointed to omap1),
- tried kernel-power zImage flashing (changed symlink for /lib/modules/cuurent to kernel-power53).

Neither succeded. I can start rescueOS and even chroot to maemo but cannot access to /home/opt and MyDocs even when trying to use mass-storage script (now I only have a windows laptop but it should not be a problem, is it...? anyway I will try with linux as well).

I have no other idea what I can do to avoid reflashing; not becuase of the process itself but I would like to access to some data...

Maybe someone can point me to the right direction?

Thanks is advance:

jm

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to justmemory For This Useful Post: