View Single Post
Originally Posted by JayOnThaBeat View Post
Ya, that's sort of a pain, but it beats having to hang up and retry the call multiple times. With internet call, sometimes i wouldn't hear anything, or sometimes i heard the person on the other end but they didn't hear me. I'd have to retry the call 2 or 3 times before I could establish a call that worked.
I had the same problem with the built in client, but found a simple solution to get it to work perfectly every time. Just leave it open and minimized (just like what you are doing with Gizmo but a lot more lightweight) and it works perfectly every time. Another guy on in this forum found that when he can't hear the other person, he just adjusts the sound down and back up and suddenly he can hear them. I don't know why it does this but I still prefer it a lot over the Gizmo software that has a whole lot of other stuff that I don't want.
And when I go from wifi hotspot to wifi hotspot it logs in automatically when my tablet gets a IP address(something that my skype program never did and I'm not sure if Gizmo does either).