View Single Post
Posts: 77 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Italy
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
The icon stays on, but qt-mobility uses only non satellite methods so it does conserve battery life significantly. That the icon does not change to match the positioning method used is a qt-mobility issue.
Hi, yesterday I installed from extras-testing on N900 and I don't think the problem is only qt-mobility. I see the GPS icon continuously flashing looking for a position and the status bar applet says "searching position" so I fear the GPS is really on. Yesterday I disabled the auto-switch feature and the icon switched off, now I'm trying to leave the auto-switch on (the icon started immediately flashing) and will report for any battery issues in a few hours.
Obviously I'm using only the wifi/cell positioning
Two questions:
1) I setup two locations, my home position and my work position but clicking the icon with the list I don't see any record but only "delete all" option, is it right?
2) starting the application with Internet connection active I can't see any map but only a gray square with a red circle representing the searching radius, do I have to set or configure anything else to see the map?
Thank you in advance