View Single Post
Posts: 433 | Thanked: 727 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Costa Blanca, Espaņa
Hi all,

as many of us know, by adding a few lines of code to Clock.qml in /usr/share/lipstick-jolla-home-qt5/lockscreen and importing WeatherBanner.qml to lockscreen directory, we can produce and customise the Weather Banner, simple enough that I managed to do this without help....cool, or so I thought.

I would like to do the same with 'Wind Direction'. So by applying the same logic as above, I thought it would be a piece of cake to get Wind Direction to show on the lockscreen, but.......no. I have been playing with this for some time and still no cigar.

This is the code for WeatherBanner in Clock.qml;

WeatherBanner {
id: weatherBanner
anchors {
top: month.bottom
topMargin: Theme.paddingMedium
horizontalCenter: parent.horizontalCenter
}
}

and so, this is the code for WindDirection in Clock.qml;

WindDirection {
id: windDirection
anchors {
top: weatherBanner.bottom
topMargin: Theme.paddingLarge*2
horizontalCenter: parent.horizontalCenter
}
}

Behind the scenes and situated in lockscreen folder along with Clock.qml are WeatherBanner.qml (customised) and WeatherDirection.qml. Rather than just having an import statement for WeatherBanner I needed to customise my banner, so that's why I made a copy of the original WeatherBanner.qml and placed it in the lockscreen folder. I also tried various import statements for WindDirection but all/some/none makes no difference, what am I missing here?

Time to ask the experts among us for their wealth of knowledge, so guys and girls, if you have any idea how I can make Wind Direction show on the lockscreen, like we have done with Weather Banner, i'd really appreciate it, I feel like I'm so close to making it work....buuuuuuuuuut, it's not happening!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Markkyboy For This Useful Post: