View Single Post
Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by TemeV View Post
This autocorrect behaviour is the worst thing ever happened to VKBs
I'd have to disagree with that.. I agree with you in that it has downsides, sure, but I can type way faster on an iOS device than I can on anything else of the same form factor because I can completely screw up and basically mash the screen and it can turn it into what I actually meant to say (with very occasional mistakes, usually on names and places and such). It's amazing. Windows Phone (for all its faults) came in second best, when I tried it ages and ages ago.

Android is absolutely terrible though. Still, with Android L. (https://twitter.com/w00teh/status/538622865067630592).

Phone should not change what I typed, because that forces me to read everything I type.
Well, yeah, but you're doing that anyway, right? What the hell else are you looking at, your finger hitting each individual button?

TAt least with Finnish it often totally changes the meaning of word you were typing, especially when writing with dialect. And just look at all the autocorrection jokes out there...
Yeah, it's not perfect (especially for LOTE), but short of mind reading I'm not sure how else to get really, really fast text input for a huge range of words. T9 works for instance, but it requires knowledge of the entry system, and it's not really easily extensible.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post: