View Single Post
Sometime this week my N900 stopped showing me when my skype contacts were online. I can still log into skype ok and send messages to contacts since their skype username is still stored in the address book - but they have no availability icon showing so I have no way to tell if they are online or not, also any new contacts I add from my PC do not show up on the address book on my phone.

I restored a backup with backupmenu from earlier this week and after starting up skype was working ok again. Then CSSU 4.1 downloaded and I installed it, and after rebooting skype was broken again - but 4.1 isn't the problem.

I restored the backup again, all ok. Then I rebooted the N900 again without installing any updates and skype stopped showing contacts availability again. If I go to Conversations > New IM it just says I have no contacts.

It seems like skype is not communicating with the address book for some reason. Does anyone have any idea why or what I should check? I had already done a lot of playing around with re-adding my IM accounts and deleting anything under /home/user that said skype or my skype name in it but nothing seemed to make any difference.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to af7567 For This Useful Post: