View Single Post
Posts: 391 | Thanked: 908 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ suncity
Originally Posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
@TomJ, I'll check out Qalendar, sounds great. Hopefully I can sync it with ownCloud

@justmemory, I'm using it as a daily phone, which is what I'll be doing with the Neo900 too - battery life actually isn't as terrible as I had expected it to be (it lasts all day for me) but that's probably because 3g is off and I haven't synced it with loads of services.

I just wanted a phone with a physical QWERTY keyboard for remote server administration (trying to type linux commands on a touch screen is just awful, even with something like Hacker's Keyboard on Android), and the flexibility I've come to enjoy on my laptop/servers/router.

Easy debian/ubuntu is something I'd definitely like to try (I saw a video of someone running XFE or LXDE on youtube, was shocked it was even possible with 256MB RAM!), I'm expecting it to get much more useful on the Neo900. Just think how many people on Android are stuck using rubbish office programs - Libreoffice would be awesome

To answer my own question about 0xffff, it seems you can flash the root FS but not eMMC with it. If this is out of date information, please correct me - I'd prefer to use an open source tool in future.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...=0xffff&page=6

Sam
Hi Sam!

Well, I'm not an expert, but I wouldn't recommend trying to flash the device other than flasher. For me flashing is working just fine with Win XP SP3.

Anyway, battery life can be increased; and 1 day isn't so bad I think.
For typing the keyboard is awsome, yes
If you are interested in easy debian or ubuntu, check the link; I wrote a summary about easy ubuntu (I use abiword and gnumeric though; openoffice is painfully slow; I don't know how libreoffice would run...).

Cheers,

jm

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to justmemory For This Useful Post: