View Single Post
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
Has anyone found a Qi receiver with the data pins shorted yet?
While biketool has done a great job explaining his hack, I think we need to find source of a compatible receiver for N900.
It is a standard to have the data pins shorted, so seems silly that no one produces them.
If you have KP and maybe CSSU too this is the software hack said to work without bothering with adding shorting pins, added this to the first post. Others confirm this working.
Code:
stop bme
modprobe bq2415x_charger
This would be a great thing to add to settings or just become part of CSSU so that we can all be free of the shorted data pins problem, even now this needs to be done at every startup. I don't remember the right way to change the kernel module load settings in /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist or something?
I did a nicer job taping down my receiver to my Mugen/double-Scud cover, it looks pretty good for parallel tape, still looking for a vacuum form plastic machine.

After a few weeks I just can't imagine going back, unlike the Touchstone mod this works AND it protects my precious USB port both by covering and plugging it and also by moving to a world where I only ever need to plug-unplug if I want to play with USB host mode. See the current and rising pinacle of that insane awesomeness here thanks mostly to Xes http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=91182

Last edited by biketool; 2014-08-10 at 19:53.

The Following User Says Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post: