View Single Post
Posts: 50 | Thanked: 444 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Austria
Originally Posted by hardkorek View Post
Aircrack-ng can not capture data packet, only frames. You can see it also on screenshoot posted at the begining of this topic. Lot of network and no single data packet - impossible

-------------------update------------

ok i have checked this again using easy debian and aircrack.
I'm able to sniff data at unencrypted networks(didn't saw it before cause i have poor signal to unencrypted networks in my area)
whean i was trying to generate some traffic at my wpa2 network data packet does not increasing. But i can see data packet in wireshark but they are apear as malformed. Data packet don't have a source MAC adress - that is why aircrack doesn't see them (in the same time my debian lenny on pc can see the same packets source MAC adress and aircrack data packet count goes up
Sadly you are right, it is impossible to capture encrypted data packets. I suspect the hardware decryption of the wl1251 chip to break encrypted packets. I will try to fix it, but at this point I can't promise anything.

My recent tests showed that this doesn't break WPA handshake capturing as the handshake itself only consists of unencrypted 802.11 data packets.
Therefore this bug only affects WEP cracking and general data sniffing whereas Wardriving and WPA cracking isn't affected.

Originally Posted by hardkorek View Post
as far as i remember it was possible to capture a data packet on channel 6 in stock kernel, i can't confirm it now cause there is no channel 6 network around.
I have checked some old capture files made with Kismet and the stock kernel without patched driver. It shows exactly the same problem.

Last edited by lxp; 2010-05-13 at 11:33.