View Single Post
Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by Peet View Post
First off I had to make xterm font smaller (to fit the console-tools' ncurses screen) to make it start, otherwise I'd get "ESC pressed" error and it'd quit. (N800 here)

Next I had a quick look around the new menus. I half-expected there to be, for instance, preset options for cloning system to SD (2GB/4GB/8GB etc), but it appears that at least at this stage that means manually creating new partitions to "target" and figuring out how to move the "source" over. Some HOWTOs would be useful indeed.

I also tried the REMOVE packages option. I had an internal SD with recent system which fails (reboot loop) soon after booting to desktop, but the menu found only the booted flash partition.

I'd also suggest that you start using version names (eg. console-tools_v0.95.deb or somesuch) and perhaps even get the package to Maemo Extras or another repo for easy updating while letting them worry about download traffic.
As for the HOWTO's, like I said, more to come. Used fdisk or cfdisk to create the partitions, use the clone menu to clone the newly created partitions.

When pb starts it scans for new partitions and any ext2 ext3 partitions should show up to be able to remove software?

As for the repos and naming, well, maybe some day. There is just not enough hours in the day..
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

The Following User Says Thank You to penguinbait For This Useful Post: