View Single Post
Posts: 602 | Thanked: 735 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Nantes, France
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
The true beauty of SFOS is deeper in the system, it is the realization that you have the full linux userland down there, with the endless possibilities of full set of GNU toolchaiins at your disposal, that almost everything you can imagine compiles out-of-the-box for you...
It is in the realization of the MER layer that provides seamless integration of the mobile services to the application layer, it is the beauty and simplicity of application development in QT/QML..
Thanks.

First, the look is totally forgettable in this discussion. It's more about the feel.

What's the overall purpose in there?

You have all my respect for the argument here above, but is it real? It's not a troll, just a real question. If the purpose is to provide a good alternative to AndriOS (my invention, like it indeed ), getting this way is a lost cause in advance for the reasons I mentioned in my first post. You'll never get it easily up and running on a significant masse of smartphones. Again, look at what happens with the N5 port which is the best SFOS so far.

And we all know in computing this is not always the best technology which wins. Another way would be to the hardware design as well to master the whole product stack. But the Neo900 short history shows this is a very difficult task I think.

The Following User Says Thank You to romu For This Useful Post: