View Single Post
Posts: 915 | Thanked: 3,209 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by CRCulver View Post
I think a lot of people have decided, privacy be damned, they are going to use something up to date.
Sorry if this sounds harsh, but those people deserve to have their privacy taken away from them.
If you place the convenience of swimming with the masses above your human rights then this is the price you have to pay.

I know it's an ugly business and I'm guilty too in other areas of life, but my privacy is something I'm not willing to sacrifice just to be able to have some small talk with my friends about their iphones.

btw: Releasing the Neo900 last year would have been utopic. And it would have been as outdated then as it would be today or in three years. It should have been released five years ago.
There's no way it's ever going to compete with what we call a smartphone today. So there's no point in even sending it into this competition.

edit:
On a more constructive note, you might find the DragonBox Pyra [1] more appealing:
- bigger screen with higher resolution
- faster CPU, with even potentially future upgrades
- a lot more storage
- probably a better keyboard
- likely a better "real linux" terminal

What it will not be is a better smartphone than the Neo900. It's just too bulky to even remotely fit into that category.

[1] http://pyra-handheld.com/specs.html

Last edited by sulu; 2015-03-09 at 22:48.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to sulu For This Useful Post: