View Single Post
Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
I know my brother and I both use photos with each contact, so it's easy to tell them apart from the lists.
So you don't need Hermes to handle it! ;-p

My mother's phone shows a primary number under each contact entry, so she knows which is which.
Not an approach which'd work on the N900 :-(

Even if all of us would use different strategies based on names (like include our middle names, use my nickname instead of my first name, .....), that wouldn't help much when you try to match against an online service that does not keep this kind of additional information. Assume we had such online accounts (neither my father nor I have any of them, so it's a theoretical issue), we certainly wouldn't have used the name variations there that are usual within our family.
Which is why manual mapping has been on the roadmap since day one!

(And pls. don't shoot me now, I have little knowledge of how Hermes really works other than the descriptions found on the garage homepage. So maybe I'm really far off.)
I'm trying to understand the use cases. In this circumstance, Hermes should do the following:
  • Load your list of social network friends.
  • Load your address book.
  • Identify that there are two address book contacts with the same name.
  • Not perform any automatic enrichment of either of those contacts.
  • Allow you to manually map each of the contacts separately (although how you'd distinguish them in the mapper with only the name to go on, I'm not sure)
  • Enrich each contact based on the manual mapping.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post: