View Single Post
Posts: 34 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Idaho Falls, ID
Yeah, this got me at first too. The SD card slot you're talking about isn't spring loaded, so it's really a bugger to get out.

I read online (here: http://tabletschool.blogspot.com/200...ds-to-use.html) :

============================================
How to get the memory card out of the N800's external card slot

A surprising number of people think that their memory card is stuck in the card slot under the N800's stand. The card isn't stuck though, the slot just isn't spring-loaded so the card doesn't pop out automatically.

To get the card out, open the slot's door and put your fingernail or thumbnail against the slot, perpendicular to the card. Press your nail down onto the card, and you should feel a ridge that makes it easier to pull the card out. Pull the card towards you with your nail, and it should come out very easily.
============================================

With a regular SD card this works okay for me. With my MiniSD card in its adapter, it's downright impossible. Since I'm a guy and I don't really have very long fingernails, I finally had to ask my wife to do it. With her fingernails, she could pull it out.

Anyway, to make a long story short, you don't have to push and it's not going to just pop out. You just pull it.

-SG

The Following User Says Thank You to tlacuache For This Useful Post: