View Single Post
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Using evkey and just three buttons.... Well even that came into my mind but it is REALLY cumbersome to do it that way, I rather try to make it a decent UI even as it will be lots of more work.
Think about it for a moment, if you have a passphrase of maybe 30 letters and numbers it is next to impossible to enter that without making mistakes... No, keyboard is the way to go!

How I thought about implementing it now;

Yes, I need to get touch input, a steam of coordinates for the keypresses, For that there sure needs to be a driver, and in preinit I can modprobe it up and mknod the needed device.

For "keyboard" just an image suffices. There is no need really for visual confirmation of keypresses and that actually would be a bad thing, as it is needed for passphrase input. The image of the keyboard is just png file, shown up like in sillyboot.

For keypress confrmation I would like tactile feedback, so there needs also to be a device that can be written to to create the keypress vibrations.

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post: