View Single Post
Posts: 215 | Thanked: 448 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Burgas, Bulgaria
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Mind to share what you're tweaking? That would be useful for embedLite too.
CPU & Memory(RAM & Offline Cache) usage is awful on the N900 simply because mozilla(small 'm' on purpose ) has optimized Fennec ONLY for Android. This is what makes Fennec slower when compared to MicroB - only in terms of page interactions-scrolling, loading, switching between tabs, etc.. ; scripts are already running smoothly( according to sunspider bench. 6000 ms. - my Fennec vs 21000 ms. - MicroB : 3.5 times faster!)

Originally Posted by misiak View Post
I would love to hear more details about whole compilation process step-by-step, as I tried to do non-thumb compilation and failed
It will ALWAYS fail~! Simply because scratchbox's gcc is 4.2 and you need a lot newer to compile the new versions of Fennec (15+)
...So... the newer gcc is found in the thumb repositories and thus you can only build Fennec 15+ for CSSU Thumb

Originally Posted by lucky88shp View Post
Cannot wait for this! Here's hoping for a complete replacement for MicroB for all web browsing! Thanks for doing this!
All the N900 users are welcome! Im doing this for you I just feel bad that this phone doesnt have bright future...

Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
@tanago - if you manage to do that, I promise to buy you whatever sane quantity of beer you want when I pass via Burgas on my way south during the summer
That'd be nice :P

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to tanago For This Useful Post: