View Single Post
Posts: 269 | Thanked: 1,096 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hampshire, UK
'More interesting' = more shiny toys.

Shame that they haven't bothered start by making a competent phone.

First thing I found (and filed as a bug) is that the ringer volume can get turned down while the phone is off in your pocket.
Last time I looked, they were still discussing the scheme for what apps can control the volume, and when, and where it should appear in the menus.

Still hopeless, too many inconsistent ways to do things, or one well hidden way of doing an obvious thing - like closing an app.

Reading an SMS... you can read it in the messages app, or in the messages 'scope'. Both headline the screen with 'Messages' but look very different and act differently. Fine, if you are an enthusiast, and concentrating on your shiny toy. But it's a shambles if you just want a device that helps you get through the workday, and maybe hack the odd python script, ssh into a remote box or something occasionally.

Jolla 1 felt 100% more finished and polished on day 1, and it's only got better since then. Can't wait for my JollaC (battery on my jolla is on the way out, and the ringer is now unreliable). Given an official port to Fairphone, I could be very tempted to jump that way, even allowing for the premium price for sub premium hardware.

Rant over, back to silent mode...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to epninety For This Useful Post: