View Single Post
Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
Currently I own enough parts for the N900 to be able to get on with my life the moment one N900 would be dropping out.
I don't have the budget for creating the same redundancy "peace of mind" buffer with Neo900
(...)
Would it not be better to sell everybody a double motherboard from the start and would that reduce the price to less than current price for two separate units?
I second this.
I wouldn't feel safe without having a spare Neo900 (like many of us, I suppose), but I probably will not have enough money to buy two from the start.
That's sad because the "per device" cost would certainly be cheaper if twice as much devices were produced.

So it leads to some questions about donations :
- If somebody donates 200€, how many devices will be built thanks to his donation ? (only 1, as I understand)
- if he does two 100€ donations, how many devices will be built thanks to his donations ? (2, as I understand)
Then, if he isn't able to buy two devices, will he be allowed to merge his two 100€ discount and buy only one device with a 200€ discount ?

Donating 100+€ two times could be a nice way to make know we are interrested in buying two devices if they're affordable, without "losing" a discount if we can only afford one.
But it would mean too there may remain some "orphan" devices produced at the end of the first batch...

Last edited by Bearserker; 2014-10-13 at 11:41.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bearserker For This Useful Post: