View Single Post
Uhm, what?
I am pleased to announce a new file manager, but a the same time I would like to apologize for the stupid name and the icon which is perhaps a little too cute. It was a codename which I quickly grew attached to and couldn't come up with a better one for the release. However, it's not as meaningless as it seems -- with this application you can accumulate bucketloads of files in the clipboard and have multiple file operations going on at the same time, just like a hamster hoarding tremendous amount of food.

How does it look like?
Name:  s1.jpg
Views: 4946
Size:  39.6 KB
Name:  s2.jpg
Views: 4878
Size:  28.2 KB
Name:  s3.jpg
Views: 4978
Size:  47.3 KB
Name:  s4.jpg
Views: 4868
Size:  17.0 KB

What does it do?
  • Copy, move, link and delete files and folders, including root privileges (restart required)
  • Parallel file operations with logging -- do many things at the same time and browse the history (Ctrl+O)
  • FileBox-like clipboard (Ctrl+P) with configurable behavior
  • Location bar with buttons and path editor (Ctrl+L or press and hold one of the buttons)
  • Opening files with default or user-defined applications (enter "application-name %s" in the command field)
  • Bookmarks (Ctrl+B)
  • Customizable view: hidden files (Ctrl+H), grid/list view (Ctrl+G), a (currently quite limited) choice of file details to show, fullscreen view, location bar that can be hidden
  • Displaying thumbnails, MIME icons
  • Creating empty files and folders
  • Sending files via Bluetooth and email
  • Multi-selection (Ctrl+S)

There are a few more keyboard shortcuts, like Left end Right to go up/down the filesystem hierarchy when in the list view, Ctrl+A to select all, and maybe others which I forgot to mention. If you don't want to pull out the keyboard, filter box can be shown by swiping up from the very bottom of the screen.

There is a page in the wiki dedicated to this application: http://wiki.maemo.org/HamsterFiler.

Last edited by gidzzz; 2014-05-18 at 20:37.

The Following 87 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
AapoRantalainen, accountvip, acrux, ade, azad1top, Bahador, bingomion, datjomp, davdav, deegore, demolition, ed00, Egon, ersanpermana, Estel, Fatalist, foobar, fw190, gregoranderson, guilledoc, helloct, HtheB, Hurrian, hyno111, imo, impeham, ivgalvez, J4ZZ, jakiman, jcharpak, Joseph9560, juz, K9999, kent_autistic, klinglerware, kowalski, kureyon, laith.m.y, LouisDK, MartinK, marxian, melisa queen, Mentalist Traceur, michaaa62, misterc, Mr.bot, mrsellout, mr_pingu, muto, n0idea, neboja, Netweaver, nicholes, nicolai, nkirk, Nobless, nodevel, panjgoori, peterleinchen, phapsubongtoi, pichlo, rasmarc, realist, reinob, riv64, rm42, rotoflex, saponga, sbock, shanttu, SHARP66, sifo, sixwheeledbeast, sombragris, Sourav.dubey, sowwhatyoureap, ste-phan, sunil, ThomasAH, Tiran, vetsin, Wikiwide, woody14619, wumpwoast, Xagoln, ZogG