View Single Post
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
6 month is a magic marker! it not exactly 6 month but somewhere around that. When everybody that wants the phone got it(or moved on to later products)! at that point price point must decrease and or new or improved products hit the market.
You are assuming that people buy a new phone every 6 months. While that may be true to you, it isn't true to everybody. I, for example, buy phones every 2+ years. Most of my mates do so every 1+ years. All fanbois buy phones every time Apple releases one* (so, every 1+ years).

I doubt that there will be dramatic hardware changes in 6 months to justify making a brand new phone. If anything, it will probably be better for Jolla to innovate a lot more [hardware wise] in a year's time. Mind you - I'm talking about a proper differentiating new phone, not what Samsung does with their galaxies which is enhance some bits here and there, change the case slightly and charge a lot more for it.

* Except the last time that they released cheap and expensive products. Fanbois in the "first world" will go for the expensive one of course ;-)