View Single Post
Hi all,

I have bad news to announce that Golden Delicius Computers (GDC) has declared to step down from the Neo900 project team. The reason is that unsolvable organisational problems have turned out which brake the project progress in a way that I can't any longer take responsibility for.

Unsolvable because we have finally found some fundamentally different expectations about roles in the project (for financially relevant decisions). In other words: we can't find an agreement on who is deciding if we have different opinions and finding consensus takes to too much time.

Since a project needs one person responsible for everything, I finally decided to end this dispute by leaving this role completely to Jörg, because he did initiate the Neo900 project.

Unfortunately this means that GDC can't keep the responsibility for the funds given by all donators/preorders any more. This means we have to refund the payments.

As soon as Jörg has set up and announces some new method to collect (new) funds you are strongly encouraged to spend the refund again to him so that he can continue.

Directly forwarding the money to Jörg is unfortunately not possible because of some unclear tax, accounting and liability reasons.

The refund amount will be reduced to compensate for the development work we have already done and prototypes built&components bought.

Details about this money transfer will follow by personal/individual mails (please give us some days to sort out and calculate the details).

And I will hand over everything GDC has already developed for the Ne900 project to Jörg, so that he can seamlessly continue (potentially with some other partners), but that is completely up to him to organise and to announce next steps.

So I wish Jörg best luck in continuing the project and will try to positively influence as good as possible, but with no role and responsibility in the project any more.

Sorry and Best Regards,
Nikolaus

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to gta04 For This Useful Post: