Thread: Stellarium
View Single Post
Posts: 47 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
Played with the community version for the first time 'in anger' (ie, outside with actual stars visible) and it was great to find my way around the, unfamiliar for me, northern sky.

Just bought the mobile version (I really hope the proceeds actually go to the authors!) and while I do think some of the mobile changes are good for the N900, (the accelerometer and GPS integration, some of the GUI changes), the cut-down feature set definitely isn't. No night-view mode? No Help menu? Lots of other configurability/control functions missing.

Would be great if there was a merged version with a switchable GUI between 'finger' and 'full/classic'. Having to use the stylus from time to time is NOT a problem, imho. I fail to see why every app is trying to shoe-horn itself into finger-friendly usage only. Sure, have the most used features finger-usable, but don't cut down on the full feature set!

Anyway, all up an awesome app (kudos to all the contributors) and I hope the N900 version continues to be developed further.

The Following User Says Thank You to mwerle For This Useful Post: