View Single Post
Originally Posted by GeraldKo View Post
The only negative I've seen is minor: when I click on a bookmark in Tear Bookmarks in the desktop Task Navigator, it opens in a new window rather than replacing the webpage in the already-open window (like it did in the built-in MicroB Bookmarks).
Hang on, I think that's got to do with Tear Bookmarks's behavior, nothing to do with Browser Switchboard. That said, the built-in bookmarks behave the same way too, which is a definite behavior change from when Browser-Switchboard isn't installed (wonder if I should document this).

Originally Posted by tso View Post
i think you would find that for each that loved the microb behavior, there is one that hates it.
Most definitely. I'd fall into the "hates the MicroB behavior" category.

Originally Posted by tso View Post
the only real solution i see if for the system to ask each time a bookmark is accessed from said menu, while a window is already open, if it should be opened in a new or existing window.
Less intrusive would be to make a pref in browser-switchboard for it -- but the point is moot anyway, since I'm not aware of a way to control whether a link passed to any of the browsers other than MicroB should open in a new window or an existing window. Without that support we can't do much about this.

Last edited by steven676; 2009-12-23 at 12:59. Reason: noticed that discussion is actually about Tear Bookmarks

The Following User Says Thank You to steven676 For This Useful Post: