View Single Post
Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
I got a bit bored and here's the result:

http://trac.tspre.org/svn/deblet/dep...o/bootmenu.deb

To take it apart, mkdir -p bootmenu/DEBIAN; dpkg-deb -x bootmenu.deb bootmenu; dpkg-deb -e bootmenu/DEBIAN

It is not built with dpkg-buildpackage, just built with dpkg-deb --build.

What it does:

Installs bootmenu.sh and .tgz's into /usr/lib/bootmenu, flash utils, mkfs.jffs2 into /usr/libexec/bootmenu, example confs into /usr/share/bootmenu, bootmenu.d enabled bootmenu.conf in /etc, creates directory /var/backups/initfs

Adds icon "Install Bootmenu" into Utilities upon install, which runs osso-xterm -e /usr/sbin/install_bootmenu. rootsh must be installed or others that provide sudo gainroot.

Provides /usr/sbin/refresh_bootmenu.d for Deblet/Clone to SD installers, which refreshes initfs' copy of /etc/bootmenu.d without too many questions. Installers would probably do osso-xterm -e /usr/sbin/refresh_bootmenu.d as last thing in their installation process as it requires a reboot.

I've edited the initfs_flasher to get its files and utils from the right place, and use /var/tmp as place for initfs images, and /var/backups/initfs for initfs backups.

I'd love some feedback, but as usual, no warranty on this, it may destroy your house or get you fed to annoying aliens.

/etc/bootmenu.d/*.items are on this form:

ITEM_NAME="Deblet" # Name of entry
ITEM_ID="deblet" # id if you want to autoboot sometime to this
ITEM_DEVICE="mmcblk1p2" # partition the fs is on
ITEM_MODULES="mbcache jbd ext3" # modules needed to be loaded to mount filesystem
ITEM_FSTYPE="ext3" # filesystem type
ITEM_FSOPTIONS="noatime,ro" # filesystem mount options
ITEM_LINUXRC="linuxrc.mine" # OPTIONAL. Will boot using /linuxrc.mine on the partition instead of using the usual Maemo initfs boot method (will break on non-linuxrc systems like Maemo)

Last edited by Stskeeps; 2008-08-20 at 16:57. Reason: New URL and features

The Following User Says Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post: