View Single Post
Posts: 423 | Thanked: 478 times | Joined on Sep 2014 @ Netherlands
EDIT: IGNORE THIS POST, SEE BELOW

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
No. In accordance with the law, you have the right to receive a big fat zero. It is Jolla's good will (and PR) that they offered any refund at all.

No matter how many times this is stressed, some people choose to stick to their own dogma.
Maybe according to your law, but my law says:

"Bij de ontbinding van een consumentenkoop wegens een tekortkoming in de nakoming van de in artikel 9 lid 4 bedoelde verbintenis vergoedt de verkoper onverwijld alle van de koper ontvangen betalingen."

"In the case of dissolution of a consumer purchase due to a shortcoming in the fulfillment of the undertaking referred to in article 9 (4), the seller shall forthwith compensate all payments received from the buyer."

(http://wetten.overheid.nl/BWBR0005290/2017-10-10)

and

Law on remote buying (=buying something through the internet)

"Tenzij de consument en de leverancier vooraf anders afspreken, moet de bestelling binnen dertig dagen na plaatsing worden uitgevoerd. Als het bestelde goed of de bestelde dienst niet leverbaar is, moet de leverancier de consument daarvan op de hoogte stellen en eventuele betalingen binnen dertig dagen terugstorten."

"Unless the consumer and the supplier in advance agree otherwise, the order must be carried out within thirty days after placing the order. If the ordered good or ordered service is not available, the supplier must inform the consumer and refund any payments within thirty days."

(http://www.iusmentis.com/zakendoen/wetkoopopafstand/)

According to the government website, this applies to all goods bought within the EU and Finland is part of the EU. This has been tested in court and has been ruled in favor of consumers multiple times.
So don't tell me it's not in accordance with the law 'cause you clearly haven't studied the law of my country.

EDIT: IGNORE THIS POST, SEE BELOW

Last edited by vistaus; 2017-10-16 at 09:36.