View Single Post
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
Crap web browser which doesn't load pages in the background if you immediately switch to another window.
Sounds like MicroB

<OT>
I must say that I am rather disappointed with what I read in this thread. My last phone before my N900 was a Palm OS 5.2 device (Treo 600) and I must say, even though it showed signs of its age by the time I retired it at the ripe age of 9 years, it was and still is IMO the best, most mature, most stable and most usable mobile OS ever, full stop. Compared to it, anything I have tried since*) feels half baked, half cooked, half finished... you get the idea.

It is sad to hear that a company that had its own, highly successful OS that was made to near perfection and perhaps required just a little TLC to modernize it a bit, had decided to kill the goose that laid the golden eggs, throw away what they had and replace it with something as crappy as I read in this thread.

*) That list includes Android 1.6 through 4.2, Bada, Fremantle, Harmattan, Symbian 7 through 9 and WM 5 and 6, but not iOS, WebOS or WP 7 or later.
</OT>

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post: