View Single Post
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Am I the only one who has tried to do this who also runs the experimental universal portrait keyboard ( http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=55371 )?

Does anyone who understands the way that keyboard works have any insight as to whether or not it might be interfering with this?

I've tried modifying the rx-51 file to make my spacebar use space, tab, at, at, saved, then ran "setxkbmap" and it told me "Error, can't load new keyboard configuration", or some such. I then proceeded to edit it back to normal, ran setxkbmap again, and got the same error. I tried a couple more different modifications of rx-51 to see if maybe changing any other values other than space+shift to Tab would make it work, thinking perhaps Maemo didn't recognize that the file had changed or something. Did some more fiddling with the space and the arrow key mappings. Kept getting the same error, so after a bunch of browsing of this forum and having found no one else reporting this, decided to over-write the modified file(s - I also edited the rx-44 to see if that would make anything happen) with the back-ups, and am leaving it alone for now.

But wondering if anyone has any insight into this.