View Single Post
Originally Posted by jschan View Post
Update: Just tested it and it looks like CM9 Alpha 0.6 (built from ICS 4.0.3) bluetooth tethering isn't working just yet. It pairs just fine, has an option to use the n900 for Internet access, and even has the familiar shaded bluetooth icon from the Honeycomb days indicating tethering is on, but it doesn't seem to be resolving websites.

When I get some time, I'll try to see if I can get to anything by IP to find out if it's just a DNS setup issue of if the routing is broken completely.
thanks a lot @jschan for the help and guidance.. And you were right the problem was due to the fact that HP-TouchPad(under WebOS) doesn't support ADD-HOC tether and that's why most of the mobile devices like N900,iPhone and other android devices are unable to tether WiFi internet to it via Hotspot..
and your solution was also correct we have to give it manual setting via some terminal app..
but being a noob I was searching whole day for a simple solution..
and finally I found the solution to tether internet from N900 or N9 or Iphone or any other mobile to HP-Touchpad

its an app for Touchpad called Add-Hoc tethering by Bedrock
its a simple app.. And we just need to type the hotspots name and that's it..

sorry I couldn't give the download link but you can find the app since you know the name of the app ^ ^

regards
immi.shk

P.S. - I have sent this post was TP and I must say net works a pretty fast on it.. Its a pity HP discarded the TP series and WebOS and thus we won't be able to see any Official WebOS Device's any more

Last edited by immi.shk; 2012-01-31 at 18:23.