View Single Post
Posts: 607 | Thanked: 450 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Washington, DC
I installed version 0.8.0-3 on my N810 running OS version 5.2008.43-7.

Installation seemed to go without a hitch. Program starts up with information screen (a minor suggestion - put the version in there). I dismiss the screen and see a downloaded file (from 1/10/2009 according to the header), no personal additions, and a Nokia-N810-43-7 line in the current system settings. So far so good.

Then I click update system and the message "Updating hostfile.." comes up and stays up (for hours if I let it run) with no obvious effect. The Home Tools applet shows minimal CPU load so I would guess it's hung somewhere.

However it's not locked. I can get back to my home screen and if I click Advoid's End Program button it terminates promptly and, seemingly, gracefully. Upon restart it shows only the Nokia line in the current system settings.

This behavior occurs before and after switching off, when plugged in or unplugged, when connected to the Internet or not, or when I try to include a personal URL or not.

I thought it might be a problem with Python but I have HomeTools installed and operating. HomeTools shows in its details that it uses the hildon-desktop-python-loader and python2.5-hildondesktop but these don't show up in the list of installed applications.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.