View Single Post
Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
I have difficulty believing that if we have difficulty gaining more than five candidates for the Community Council, that it'll be easier finding people with enough drive, vision, time and skill to run a non-profit legal entity doing what the council does and a whole lot more.
Well, IMO you're swapping reason and effect here. From my point of view, we had difficulties to gain more than five candidates, *because* we're not self-governed entity, = Council doesn't have (almost) any real tools, at least in current approach. Even description of "what Council is meant for" are - most of the times - quite "philosophical", instead of practical.

At the same time, negative "emotions" are thrown on Council every time something isn't as it should be - no matter if Council had chance to change that, or not. Thus, no surprise, that not many people want to take up that volunteer role.

The problem is, that You can't be half-virgin, half-pregnant. Either we're self governing ourselves, with all hard work it require, but we *do* have ways of tunneling great potential in Community here (I think every involved person admit, that overall knowledge/expertise amongst Maemo devs is impressive), or much energy is lost due to slow/non-existent momentum due to relying on 3th forces to govern us. Not to mention, that such "forces" currently have big problems of their own, and aren't interested in Maemo "almost" at all.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post: