View Single Post
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 664 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by noetus View Post
Happy to oblige
Thanks man, that's the sprit
I'm trying to anwer you questions. Hope I won't forget anything.

Note the little issue here, at least using the Swype keyboard, of there not being quite enough room, so the bottom gets cut off a bit. You can pull that font menu up though to increase the hit area for the bottom buttons.
Thanks, I didn't notice this because I usually don't use Swype. I see what I can do.

I am not sure what the button on the top extreme right ('ab') is for; pressing it revealed that it can be set on or off, but I don't know what the effect is (it wasn't immediately apparent).
If you push that button you're locking the panning which makes text selection easier.

I also noticed a slight flakiness in getting the keyboard to display; sometimes I had to move the cursor around a bit to get it to come up. Also in the 10 minutes I used the application it crashed and quit on me once. This is an alpha release though, so I expect these glitches will get fixed.
Crashes are to be expected currently. The keyboard thing is on my list, but it won't be an easy fix (because it's not really my fault).

What sharing options will there be when this is finished?
I hope to have sharing as HTML or PDF. But first tests showed that it's not as simple as I though. Might take some time.

I'd be interested to know what we'll see under 'Settings' and how 'Synchronization' works.
Synchronization is planned against "Ubuntu One" and "Snowy". You can get an Ubuntu One for free and Snowy is open source software that you can host yourself. Settings will then contain things like the sync URL.

Finally, I tried the search option, but while searching in note titles gets you results, apparently searching within notes is not (yet) supported:
Right, I'll put fulltext search on my list.

All in all, I'd say this is looking really, really promising. Simple, slick, straightforward, with the functionality you need, and consistent with the overall UI paradigms of the N9/Harmattan. Wish all apps could be like this!
Thanks for the review Also I'm always open for contributions if someone is interessted.

The Following User Says Thank You to conny For This Useful Post: