View Single Post
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
Just FYI, flasher on Windows can't enable R&D Mode last I checked. You'd need to use a Linux distro's Live CD an run the Linux flasher from that.

ALSO, abill_uk: Have you ever talked to, or heard/read anyone mention, how their N900 acted when blacklisted? There is no way in hell I can see that logically fitting blacklisting - because the N900 can boot without a sim card and without a functional cellphone plan. (Just in case you are right - guy with the problem, can you try booting without the sim card inserted and see if it makes a difference?) He also said that they checked with Vodaphone already, and they don't have the IMEI blacklisted.

Do vi_'s suggestion please - post the output of the flasher. ALSO, try reflashing the bootloader. (I don't really know much on the subject of using flasher for that, though.)

Other than that, hardware damage is possible. You can also try to use framebuffer kernel, flash it onto the device using the --kernel flag on the kernel image, and see if you can tell what the problems are - if you get all the way to loading dots, framebuffer console SHOULD show you the errors (though it might take a bunch of tries at seeing the errors and reading them fully in the rapidly scrolling console output).
It was a suggestion that is all and you obviously do not know what happens when a phone is more or less bricked in these circumstances.
How do we know it has not been turned on long enough to sign on and do the hand shake because that is all it takes for the device to be blocked totally, never to work again if it is flagged like that.
Was only a suggestion OK.

And as you rightly said a re-flash will cure it if not flagged.