View Single Post
Originally Posted by Fabry View Post
I don't know why, but there many reports on this forum (and other forums also) of "no booting anymore" after installing u-boot (in particulary Matan's version).

And all peoples with problems have in common that they own a Hw rev different from 2101.

I.e. Matan's version works perfectly on my N900 (rev 2101), but it hangs at "loading kernel" message on some N900 of my friends with different revision (i.e. rev 2204)
Problem can be only with address where to load kernel. Different HW revisions has different NOLO and NOLO can load U-Boot to different addres. And if we load kernel to address space of uboot it can lead to errors (e.g u-boot rewrite kernel or u-boot rewrite itself code...).

But now in U-Boot lowlevel init is assembler code which move u-boot itself to address 0x80008000. Kernel is always loaded to 0x82008000, so it should not rewrite code (max size of kernel and u-boot is 2MB=0x2000000).

But if somebody has problem, please boot kernel with framebuffer included static linked support. It can write some early error logs, which can be usefull...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post: