View Single Post
Originally Posted by neiljerram View Post
Well I don't have a fixed screen yet, but the guys in the service centre were familiar with the N800, and seemed confident that all that was needed was to replace the screen component. They don't yet have this component for the N800 right there, so they gave me a choice between sending my N800 off for repair - taking one to two weeks - or waiting until they get the replacement components in the shop. Since my N800 is still far from unusable, I chose the latter.

They couldn't give me a precise timescale for when the components would be available, but they seemed confident that it would be pretty soon.

Any comments? Is that consistent with others' experiences?
I took my device to the Nokia store in Helsinki on Monday, got it back on Friday the same week, exactly as estimated (with a replaced screen). This is a huge improvement to my experiences with the 770 repairs -- several weeks without communication and no time estimates.

The only thing I can complain about was the queue: I'd have thought it would be stupid to make people with broken phones crowd and get pissed off in a "flagship store"...