View Single Post
Originally Posted by late666 View Post
It's a cool idea, but I think a more elegant way to do this is to stick to the half transparent black rectangle like the one in the original desktop command execution widget..
It would also save up on space.
Ciao,
I discussed about this matter with cpscotti, the current maintainer of DCEW, before I went public. We both agreed with the fact that both tools can have supporters and admirers especially if we move the topic into the "elegance" vs. "versatility" vs. "simplicity" vs. "practicality" vs. "completeness" vs. "complexity" vs. "beautifulness" vs. "coolness" vs. "hackishness" debate.
Due to my personal needs, for home and for work, I dedicated two, out of the four desktops, to monitoring widgets and I rely more on a visual/chromatic experience than on a plain textual feedback.
Furthermore, on the todo list there is also an open mind in developing a graphic architecture with far more freedom for the end-users to design and plug in their favourite visual "geometry", being that basic shapes or multi-area/clickable icons with alpha channel.
Thank you for your feedback. Bye.