Thread: [SailfishOS] Mapbox GL Native QML plugin
View Single Post
Posts: 339 | Thanked: 1,623 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ France
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
Zeta, just in case if the shared stdc++ is better, please try to run with QML plugin from https://build.merproject.org/package...g/mapboxgl-qml

This version is compiled with shared libstdc++ with the corresponding library installed at /usr/lib/qt5/qml/MapboxMap . Now before I'll be breaking my neck and figuring out how to explain to qmlscene that the libs from that directory have a preference, please run with

Code:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/qt5/qml/MapboxMap qmlscene mapbox-gl-qml.qml
Try to see if you could make it crash with the red and full styles, please.

If its the same result as with the statically linked stdc++, I'll prefer to use that version. Then, before moving back to the statically linked plugin, please uninstall plugin first. Otherwise you'll leave libstdc++ in the plugin directory.
It is like the previous tests:
* Works perfectly with red map
* Crash when zooming in/moving fast the normal map

However, that must be the first useful error message I got since the start of those tests:
Code:
[nemo@Sailfish test]$ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/qt5/qml/MapboxMap /usr/lib/qt5/bin/qmlscene mapbox-gl-qml.qml 
[D] unknown:0 - Using Wayland-EGL
[W] unknown:0 - Could not find any zN.M subdirs!
[W] unknown:0 - Theme dir "/usr/share/themes/jolla-ambient/meegotouch/z1.0/" does not exist
[D] onCompleted:334 - Warning: specifying an object instance for initialPage is sub-optimal - prefer to use a Component
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'mbgl::gl::Error'
  what():  glDrawElements( static_cast<GLenum>(primitiveType), static_cast<GLsizei>(indexLength), GL_UNSIGNED_SHORT, reinterpret_cast<GLvoid*>(sizeof(uint16_t) * indexOffset)): Error GL_OUT_OF_MEMORY at src/mbgl/gl/context.cpp:681
Aborted
So, it looks like we got it right from the beginning : error is related to the GPU, probably because it is too weak to handle everything in its memory (GL_OUT_OF_MEMORY)...

Anyone knows a command to follow GPU memory available/used ?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zeta For This Useful Post: