View Single Post
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
The council could ultimately make the decision (but not the testing squad list), but I'd like to see the rationale and discussion in public anyway so that there can be buy-in to the council's decision.
I don't know why you insist is saying that the discussion has not been done in the open, you can see the thread in TMO with Council involved and then the continuation in the mailing list with Council approval.

Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
Maybe (and this is OTTOMH) the promotion requirements for an orphaned package should be much higher so that, effectively, the whole community is taking on responsibility for supporting this package (i.e. ensuring it doesn't have any critical issues; or we have a way of carrying comments through from testing to Downloads)
It's the same situation for all those packages already in Extras that doesn't have a maintainer any more.

The real situation right now is that almost everyone use Devel as the only working repository, not only users installing whatever crap appears over there, but also developers that don't care any more with the broken QA system.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post: