View Single Post
Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Disclaimer: I started this thread as a community member, on a Sunday after midnight and after some beers with other community members. My personal belief is that maemo.org can have an evolution as a reference location for mobile free software and hackable devices. Yes, I'm a Nokia employee but I'm a free software user and contributors as well, and for a quite longer period of time.

If you want to have an all-community discussion then let's go for it. If you'd rather end up in a dialog maemo.org vs Nokia then I'll have to wear my official Nokia shirt, and at the same stand back and wait for the community to discuss and decide "How will maemo.org introduce itself in 6 months?" - if a decision is needed at all.

Let me try again as community member.

Originally Posted by yaln View Post
I think visibility of Nokia's vision of the future would implicitly encourage the community to plan for the future.
And this is the point I was trying to reflect before: some members of this community are saying that Nokia plans are needed in order to plan maemo.org, while others are saying that maemo.org should plan the future without depending on Nokia plans.

I joined late, but I'm amazed by the proactive, altruistic, nature of people here. It would be a shame if it fragmented unnecessarily.
Fully agree.

Last edited by qgil; 2012-05-01 at 17:09.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post: