View Single Post
Quick update.

Not done a great deal coding wise lately, instead I've been looking into the Nemo or Maemo userland idea again. I still want to keep the project so that as little code Hildon wise needs maintaining as possible, using upstream versions wherever it's an option.

Maemo wise, we keep compatibility with our CSSU MCE if we either rely on a binary package for libdevlock (we have headers) or reverse engineer it. On a downside, we would have to rework to use systemd and udev instead of hal and upstart.

Nemo wise, I have dropped StateFS (+Qt depends) as it's not needed by anything at the moment. It also solves FUSE not working with systemd-nspawn because now we don't need it. We wouldn't have to rework for systemd/hal using this but we would have to work out how to use osso-systemui-*-dev packages into the upstream version. Thats going to be next thing for me to look at.

Known Issues:
MCE from Nemo causes timeout on boot. Seems to be a difference in service order between Debian and Nemo, IIRC dbus is started later. As a dirty hack, editing the mce.service file and commenting before:basic.target "cures" it for now.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post: