View Single Post
Posts: 664 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Australia
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
From my reading, it only operates while you're actually having a conversation on the phone (i.e. after you've picked up the call). It then switches to the main speakers (rather than just the earpiece speaker) when you open the keyboard, and back again when the keyboard is closed. This allows you to easily look things up on the phone in the middle of a conversation. As dof250 says, having it triggered by the proximity sensor might make more sense, but it sounds like that option will be coming in a future release.
Ya exactly. It only works when the phone is active meaning you are talking on the phone or you are making call to someone and not when the phone is ringing which happens when someone else is calling you and other times it has no effect. The good of this is you can slideout the keyboard and do other stuff on the mobile while talking in loudspeaker and if you want to talk normally you don't have to go to the phone ui and disable speaker, just slide in the keyboard and there you go. Ya, I'll be bringing proximity sooon.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jaeezzy For This Useful Post: