View Single Post
You're not wrong, if You keep in mind that running hildon-home and derrivatives, with it's dependencies, will allow most (?) applications written for maemo, to work flawlessly in CordiaTAB, keeping full Meego possibilities, mainstream kernel etc.

If I'm wrong, please correct me.

Also, important thing - if not most important - is that Meego is open source "core" of system, where You also need user interface. Swipe UI in N9 is closed source. With Cordia, we have open source core with open source (as long as we don't need to run any closed source parts of Maemo on Cordia) UI.

With CordiaTAB, You can add fully compliant, quite modern hardware (with such missed things as HDMI output, multitouch, etc), that we can order without big companies involved.

Also, keep in mind, that *if* CordiaTAB project will suceed, next incarnation - after 2-3 years - is probably going to be device designed by us, so we can finally achieve goal of focusing on software, with hardware made especially for it (not grabbing every compliant hardware, that big companies are throwing @ us, no matter how flawed - like with N9 or N950).
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post: