View Single Post
Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
As long a qgil has brought up the subject of changes (and they all sound like a good idea to me), I'd like to propose a new referendum.

The latest rules that I can find for voting are the last referendum:
Which of the following criteria do you want applied to future Maemo Community Council elections?

129 members voted for this referendum. The repartition of the votes is:
10 karma and 3 month old account (48 votes)
25 karma and 3 month old account (status quo) (46 votes)
10 karma *or* 12 month old account (22 votes)
No karma or account age requirement - everyone with a maemo.org account may vote (13 votes)

The automatic result of this referendum is thus:
10 karma and 3 month old account
I propose this is amended to include anyone with with a talk.maemo.org (previously ITT) account or maemo.org account that is 3 months old with 10 karma.

It is only fair now that ITT is part of maemo.org (but currently requires a separate login) to grandfather these members in on the requirement of a 3 month old maemo.org account if their talk.maemo.org account is older than 3 months. They would still need a maemo.org login for karma and to prevent multiple voting (from both accounts).

I think that this is necessary to be explicitly stated to avoid confusion in the next council vote in September (potentially some members of talk.maemo.org might not register in time on maemo.org, the deadline for a 3 month old account is the end of May). This could prevent anyone who registers late on maemo.org from being prevented from voting.

Could one of the council members raise this issue, or direct me to when/where I can raise it officially?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lemmyslender For This Useful Post: