View Single Post
Hey guys,
i wrote a few lines with 'meegoproject' on facebook, he forwarded me to this site. My English isn't that good, i hope you can still understand me.
I want to introduce a small project I'm currently working on. This is my first project with Qt so be nice to me. ( Please )

I'm going to get my Raspberry PI in the next weeks, and i want to use this thing as a small server. I don't want to connect a keyboard or a mouse, so i need some kind of remote. That's why i wrote pimote.

It's a module based RPC-Server which should be platform independent. (I tested Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 and Arch Linux)

The communication is based on the HTTP protocol. It's expecting JSon requests. It's slot/signal based and requires a client and a server module. You can add filters also, but thats optional.
I don't want to go too deep into the detail. This would make a long long text. If you want more details about it, i can add them later. Maybe someone is already interested in it.

To make it quick, you can place a server somewhere on your PC or even on your N9. The server contains modules. For example a module to control a media player. The client is now able to tell the server to change the song. Very easy stuff. More about RPC is here on wikipedia(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remote_procedure_call)

Since this library is module based, i want to ask the community, what modules do you want?

I thought about something like this:

- Media Player control (Winamp, Windows Media Player, Amarok, VLC, FooBar, Clementine, Rhythmbox, omxplayer, Zune, S&MPlayer ...)
- PC control (Mouse movement, virtual keyboard, auto refreshing screenshots, shutdown/restart, ...?)
- File manager
- JDownloader control
- Process control (start, stop, taskmanager stuff)

since you can place the server on the N9/N900/.. too, i would add a SMS/MMS sender. So you can send messages from your phone via pc.

What do you think about this idea? The server/client part already works. I just need suggestions for modules and gui stuff. I'm as creative as a brick, so some design ideas for the gui would be great

I can't provide much screenshots, everything is just console based stuff at the moment. All i can provide is this:

I hope getting some responses. I think this project has a good potential, and it would be sad, if the project dies just because of the lack of interest

Last edited by pinvoke; 2012-07-20 at 10:35.

The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to pinvoke For This Useful Post: