View Single Post
Hello everybody. First let me appologize for being frank.
I read the review also, and I fond that it adressed my concerns ecxactly. The reviewers conclusion is that N900 fails as a phone and as a computer. I decided not to buy it mainly because of poor telephnecentrisity, no OTG USB, no navigation, and no "office" applications. The argument left is multitasking, which isn't an argument for shelling out much mone. I am a business user and need a telephone that works as a telephone AND a computer that can store my files, transfer customer files via USB-stick, transfer pictures from my camera, and whatnot. I for one do niot buy products on the promise of "might be in the future releases".

I find the N900 to be disappointingly poor in all those appartements judging from the many reviews I have read. So it is, like the reviewer said "an expensive toy". And yes I know about open source, and have even read Stallmans original GNU essay. That doesnt say anything about software can be poor. So I guess the open source need to adapt a little bit to Stallmans fundamental perspectives: To ENHANCE existing sw by open source. That said, I guess cooperating with a hypercommercial actor like NOKIA poses some significant challenges to the open community.

Last edited by Lucchese; 2009-11-17 at 17:28. Reason: Fault in source