View Single Post
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
I did that, I work on ubuntu regularly, but I stumbled upon aegis. (The package I created installs fine in ubuntu (I didn't make it through scratchbox though, I can try, I have it installed thankfully) but gives a permission error on harmattan.

error setting permissions of `./usr/share/applications/oobTodo.desktop': Operation not permitted

I also even tried to get the contents of the debian folder qtCreator makes, remove the binary and package it again with dpkg-deb but I get the same error.

Anyway, I think that my binary will eventually be needed, so i'll keep it. I can make it use the grue sensor when qt5 is out too.
Run dpkg -c on your package and check what the permissions/UID/GID on the files you're installing are. If you were using dpkg -b, it's easy to mess up and install files with incorrect permissions.

However, what I'm recommending is to build a source package directory structure and use dpkg-buildpackage from inside Scratchbox, rather than using either Qt Creator or dpkg -b. The build process normally ensures permissions are set correctly, and once you're familiar with Debian source packages it can be really easy to port certain programs/utilities to the N9. It also automatically takes care of everything for Aegis, which has to be done manually if you use dpkg -b instead.

The Following User Says Thank You to itsnotabigtruck For This Useful Post: