View Single Post
I have also set up the keyboard-shortcuts app now but due to another MOD I've put in reversing the mapping of the Shift and Fn keys to make shortcuts like Ctrl+Shift+X (open X-terminal) and Ctrl+Shift+H (Go to homescreen) easy to do without a stretch all the following shortcuts:

The default shortcuts in the package include:
ctrl+shift+
a - control panel
b - empty browser window
d - disconnect from network
f - FBReader
i - tmo new posts page
k - toggle full screen (if you have wmctrl installed)
l - launcher
m - claws mail
now have the same problem (difficult to press). Does anyone know a way of turning the following feature off...

Originally Posted by From Wiki
/apps/osso/hildon-desktop/key-actions/dbus_shortcuts_use_fn
use ctrl+FN+key instead of ctrl+shift+key for D-Bus shortcuts. This is much easier to press, but conflicts with FN+ctrl for opening special keys window.
And if this would help? I've tried entering "-t bool false" and "-t bool true" after the command but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Or if not, is it possible to change what's in the /usr/bin/keyboard-shortcut script so the all of those shortcuts are meant to work with Ctrl+Fn+<other key> (and consequently, as the mapping is reversed, the easier combination of Ctrl+Shift+<other key> ?

Sorry if this sounds convoluted, basically what I am trying to achieve is to have all the shortcuts that require 3 keys to be pressed to be done using the actual Shift + Fn buttons.

Cheers

Last edited by Kamikaze; 2010-02-11 at 02:25.