View Single Post
Originally Posted by longcipher View Post

The lagginess is general throughout the system - sometimes swipes aren't recognized or they lag. The whole thing doesn't feel solid - like it's teetering on the edge of crashing sometimes.

I [U]really[U] want this to be my everday phone. Do I have a dud? Are some of you able to fly around the system with zero lag or crashes? I need this to be as fluid as my current Windows Phone - or what is the point of switching? I don't care about the lack of apps, I just need email (threaded emails would be AWESOME), calendar, contacts, and a decent web-browser (bookmarks would AWESOME) and I am happy.
No lag here. Lags I've seen have always come when I have been installing software from Ovi Store at the same time when I was doing something else. Maybe after I had added lots of music, as tracker/smartsearch process indexed stuff.
Other times; smooth as butter. No matter if I was using 3g or wifi. Fluidness wise the experience is on par with WP7.5 Mango I played a week with at work.

You may have dud or more probably some program behaving badly. I suggest you turn DEV-mode on from settings to get to launch 'htop' from terminal, and then press shift-P and shift-T to see if anything is spiking the processor.
Rscs Monitor from Ovi Store doesn't seem to update the process list on cpu usage list, so I'm afraid Htop is must.

Also, no crashes in two weeks I've had the phone. Note: I don't use Facebook client at all (in case that proves to be the cause of problems).