View Single Post
Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Hey,

for a while now we (as in HiFo + MCe.V. + Council + other community members, reading we as "not one only") are discussing coding competition possibilities.

We are looking forward to Categories for Neo900, N9 and Jolla (maybe N900 to at some point).

For this we need your help, we need ideas for A subcategories and B prizes/donations/sponsors.

For prizes I was hoping for the community to donate their unused devices to HiFo/Maemo Community e.V. (I or we thought it might be a good idea to have the legal entities take care of such stuff as this way no device or donated funds will get through private hands at any point) to put them up as devel loaner or as direct prizes (that is up to the donator). I know from some community members that they were looking into donating devices to (random) people in need for one. With the competition, only developers actually doing something would get devices.

What are your ideas for subcategories and what do you think about the donating/funding/sponsoring by community members?

Regards
chem|st

Disclaimer: Neither HiFo nor MCe.V. (this includes MCCouncil) will pick winners at any point. Jury is going to be the community if not stated otherwise (there might be companies involved in the future whom might choose to have another audience for their category, we never know and cannot dictate it).

Last edited by chemist; 2014-06-17 at 10:44.

The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to chemist For This Useful Post: